The South Korean movie Parasite recently created history by winning several awards and accolades. Another thing for which the flick has managed to garner attention is Ram-Don aka jjapaguri. This delicious chewy noodle dish got so popular that almost every South Korean household has tried it. If you haven’t done that yet, here is a great recipe for Korean food ‘Ram-Don’. Try these instant noodles and you are sure to relish them with great delight!
Korean Food ‘Ram-Don’ Recipe
These instant noodles are prepared from Neoguri and Chapagetti noodles that are cooked with sirloin steak cubes. The noodle dish is topped with green onions and served alongside Kimchi. Feel free to add veggies like garlic and bell peppers to enhance the flavor of these noodles.
- 1 packet Neoguri noodles (Jjampong)
- 1 packet Chapagetti (Jjapagetti)
- 6 oz. sirloin steak cubes (well-marbled)
- 2 Tbsp. neutral oil
- Sliced green onions for garnishing
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- Garlic and bell peppers (optional)
- Begin making Korean food ‘Ram-Don’ by boiling water (about 4 cups) in a pot. Once the water comes to a boil, add both the noodles along with their vegetable mix. Let the noodle mixture boils for about 3 minutes. Strain the cooked noodles in a bowl while reserving a cup of the cooking water.
- Now season the steak cubes with some oil and spices. Take the rest oil in the cooking pan along with the steak. Sear the cubes for about 2-3 minutes per side. Turn off the heat and set the steak aside.
- In the same pot that you used to boil the noodles, add the reserved cooking water along with the noodle mixture. Also, add the seasoning powders from the noodle packets. You can add half the seasoning powder from each packet or settle for the entire packet if you like spiciness. Add the cooked steak and stir everything well, for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the seasoning oil that comes with Chapagetti noodles. Transfer to the noodle bowls, garnish with green onions and serve warm.
- The Korean food ‘Ram-Don’ is a blend of two types of noodles namely Chapagetti and Neoguri. The former known as jjajangmyeon is a Korean noodle with black bean sauce. On the other hand, the latter is a seafood flavored noodle.
- While making these noodles, boil the noodles for no longer than 3 minutes. Also, make sure to reserve some starchy water if you want the perfect flavor.
- Use avocado oil or sesame oil to cook the steak. Spray the pan with sufficient oil before adding the steak cubes.
- You can take rib-eye or sirloin steak. Cut them into half or three-fourth inch cubes. Larger cubes will be tricky to eat so it’s wise to use smaller cubes.
- Garnish the noodles with yellow radish, green onions, or green bell peppers. Feel free to add toppings of your choice.
- Eat Ram-Don right away. Leaving the cooked noodles for too long will soak the sauces up and they will become less flavorful.
- Do not use more than 4 cups and less than 3 cups of water. Leave a significant amount of water in the cooked noodles before adding the sauce.
- Adding steak cubes is not mandatory. Your noodles will be perfect without it!
- Experiment with different ingredients for this noodle dish. You can add a soft-boiled egg or two, garlic cloves, bell peppers, or other ingredients of choice.
Try these most sought-after Korean noodle dish right today! Whether you eat these noodles as a midnight snack or a dinner meal, it is sure to please you to the core.